The Association of Energy Service Companies (AESC) is the premier association of the energy service industry. We provide information and assistance to members in many important areas of ourindustry, including:
- Management and safety conferences
- Meetings with government officials, both Regulatory and Congressional
- Cooperation with industry organizations
- Safety and training materials
- Technology development
- Environmental compliance materials
- Monitoring of the Federal Register
- Oilfield theft prevention
- Well Servicing Magazine and WellServicingMagazine.com
- Chapter, committee, and national meetings
- Safety statistics program
- Rig count program
- Scholarship program for member company employees and legal dependents
For more than five decades, the AESC has operated through a network of national committees and local chapters, who address safety, technology, environmental, insurance, governmental, training, oilfield theft, and other issues of common concern.
The AESC was established in 1956 as the Association of Oilwell Servicing Contractors (AOSC). The original meeting of the group that organized and established the association, met in Odessa, Texas in February of 1956. Over the years, the industry and the association evolved to comprise more industry services and products. In 1996, the organization changed its name to the Association of Energy Service Companies (AESC) in order to better reflect the interests of the total energy service industry. Through the years, the association has grown to incorporate other type services directly affiliated with upstream oil and gas services such as wireline, coiled tubing, hot oilers, roustabout services, snubbing, swabbing, fracing, pressure pumping, oilfield trucking, etc.